The Council has two plumbing inspectors within the Development & Regulatory Services Department to provide the following:
- Process applications for plumbing permits and special plumbing permits, either in conjunction with building applications, or separately, including the calculation of fees and check for compliance with relevant legislation.
- Provide locations, as derived from plans, of Council stormwater mains.
- Provide information on location of private property services, where available.
- Administer applications for connections to Council stormwater mains.
- Carry out on site plumbing and drainage inspections and issue appropriate notices and/or certificates.
A permit is required for all plumbing and drainage work including installation, repair and replacement and a qualified plumber must lodge a start work authorisation with the Council.
If you require further advice or information please contact the Building & Plumbing Group.